Obtaining a Solicitor or Vendor Permit

The City of Portland requires any individual, firm, organization, or corporation (and any representative, agent, or employee) who engage in selling or offering for sale any goods or merchandise or exhibiting the same for sale upon or from a vehicle, any temporary rental space, or from house-to-house or place-to-place, or engage in the business of surveying, polling, or otherwise conducting a query from a person to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed must obtain a permit from the City.

Vendor / Solicitor Permit or Registration Application (PDF) 

Prior to submitting your vendor/solicitor permit application, please carefully review the following City Ordinance (link) regarding peddlers, solicitors, and vendors.